National PTA School of Excellence
National PTA School of Excellence is a recognition program that supports and celebrates partnerships between PTAs and schools to enrich the educational experience and overall well-being for all students.
National PTA Reflections
Every year since 1969, Reflections – the National PTA’s arts recognition and achievement program – gives students the chance to create original works of art in one or all of the available categories: Visual Arts, Photography, Literature, Dance Choreography, Film Production, and Music Composition. Reflections provides an opportunity for students to enhance their arts education by exploring their artistic talents AND receiving recognition for their efforts!
CURRENT YEAR PROGRAM
“I Matter Because…”
Rules & Guidelines:
- Dance Choreography – english | española
- Film Production – english | española
- Literature – english | española
- Music Composition – english | española
- Photography – english | española
- Visual Arts – english | española
- Special Artist Division – english | española (option for students with disabilities who receive services under IDEA or ADA)
- November 2 – Suggested student submission due date (determined by each local unit; check with your specific PTA for their deadline)
- November 10 – Projects due from local unit PTAs to their council
- December 8 – Projects due from councils to region (NWCR/D37)
- January 15 – Projects due from region to state (IL PTA)
- March 2021 – Projects due from state to National PTA, state winners announced
- March 15 – NWCR Reflections Reception
- May 2021 – National winners announced
- May 2 – Illinois PTA Reflections Spotlight Event (Millikin University in Decatur, IL)
INFO FOR LOCAL REFLECTIONS REPS
Local Unit ⇒ Council ⇒ Region ⇒ State ⇒ National
Current Year Art Competition:
Access state specific resources for this year’s program (including the student entry form) directly from Illinois PTA > LEADERSHIP RESOURCES “Reflections” section from illinoispta,org. Contact your local unit president for the password. Find your 8-digit PTA ID from PTA Local Unit Lookup and connect with your local unit president/treasurer for the PTA paid dates and information required for the top gray section of entry forms. A local unit must be in good standing to advance artwork.
Annual Theme Search Contest:
Each Fall students submit theme ideas to inspire students in a future year. Learn about the annual National PTA Reflections theme search competition from pta.org. Current year “Theme Search” contest instructions can be found under LEADERSHIP RESOURCES, “Reflections” section on illinoispta.org. Contact your local unit president for the password.
The theme for our next school year was submitted by Lydia Keel, from Spanish Fork Junior High School PTSA in Utah. The 2021-2022 theme will be, “I Will Change the World By…”.